Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 50 mins
Total time: 60 mins
4 pork blade steaks
4 tbs Dijon mustard
2 large tomatoes, sliced
3-4 sprigs fresh oregano
140g hard cheese of choice, coarsely grated
4 servings of cooked polenta
1. Remove any visible fat from steaks. Grill steaks in a well heated grill pan until they are golden brown on both sides. Reduce flame and continue to cook for another 8-10 minutes.
2. Place the steaks into an ovenproof dish. Preheat oven to 200˚C.
3. Smear each piece of meat with mustard.
4. Cover steaks with sliced tomatoes, sprinkle with fresh oregano leaves. Top with grated cheese and cover the dish.
5. Cook the steaks for 30 minutes in an oven, then remove the lid. Cook for another 10 minutes under the oven grill until the cheese melts completely.
6. In the meantime, prepare the polenta according to the manufacturer's instructions, cool it slightly, then cut with round cake cutter and place in a muffin mould.
7. Sprinkle polenta with some grated cheese and few leaves of oregano. Bake until the cheese melts.
Serve with steaks and tomatoes.
Comments are closed for this blog post