Light meal full of Mediterranean flavors
Serves: 3 Total time: 55 mins Preparation time: 35 mins Cooking time: 20 mins
3 sea bass (about 800 g in total), cleaned
1 tbs olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 fennel (about 250 g), sliced into wide strips
¼ cup white wine
¼ cup water
¼ tsp salt
2 heads broccoli, divided into florets
For the marinade:
3 tbs olive oil
1 tsp black pepper, cracked
Fresh parsley, basil, dill and mint, chopped
Pinch of salt
- Pat dry each sea bass, inside and out, with kitchen paper.
- For the rather thick marinade mix well olive oil, cracked pepper, chopped herbs and salt mixed in a thick marinade. Set aside.
- Sauté fennel d in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, stir fry 1 minute.
- Stir in wine and water and add salt. Reduce flame and simmer, half-covered, 15 minutes or until fennel is tender and turns golden - brown. Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, microwave broccoli in a very little water for 6 minutes on MAX or blanch briefly in boiling water. Broccoli must remain al dente. Drain and place onto a baking tray. Lightly season with salt.
- Make 3 diagonal cuts in one side of the fish down to the bone. Stuff the cuts with the marinade, smear over fish.
- Fill the cavity of each bass with the stewed fennel.
- Gently transfer the fish onto the broccoli in the baking tray and bake in an oven at 220˚C for about 20 minutes or until fish begins to flake.
- Remove from the oven and allow to sit for 2-3 minutes. Serve immediately after resting.
For additional photos and cooking details, please visit Easy Cook - Laka kuharica