A creamy, easy midweek meal ready in just 30 minutes
Serves: 4 Total time: 30 mins Preparation time: 10 mins Cooking time: 20 mins
4 pork chops
2-3 tbs olive oil
2 onions, coarsely sliced
400 ml cider
250 ml sour cream
2 tbs Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper
400 g spinach, cleaned and washed
1 tbs butter
2 tbs mixed spices OR ½ tsp Vegeta Natur
- Remove all visible fat from the chops.
- Fry chops in hot oil on each side about 3 minutes until browned. Remove, put aside.
- Add onion and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until soft and caramelized.
- Add the cider, stir, bring to a bubble and reduce a little.
- Add the cream and mustard, stir, bring to a simmer then put the chops back in and cook for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Put the chops back, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 8-10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the spinach in a large pan with butter and seasoning until wilted.
Serve the chops and sauce with the spinach. You can add some cooked rice or mashed potatoes.