Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
4 chicken drumsticks
½ tbs olive oil
1 tbs lemon juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
¼ cup butter, softened
1 tsp pesto sauce (red or green)
2 leeks, cleaned and cut into slices
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 medium zucchini, cut into cubes
1 red pepper, cut into cubes
¼ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp ground pepper
Fresh basil, chopped
Fresh thyme, chopped
2 tbs olive oil
½ tsp pesto sauce (red or green)
- Make deep diagonal cuts across each chicken drumstick.
- Combine oil, juice and garlic in large bowl. Add chicken, coat with oil mixture.
- Combine butter and pesto in small bowl.
- Press 2/3 of the pesto mixture into cuts and all over chicken.
- Place chicken under broiler and cook for 20 - 30 minutes brushing with remaining pesto mixture occasionally, until browned all over and cooked through.
- Serve with mixed vegetables.
- Season the vegetables with salt and pepper and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, in a well-heated Teflon pan.
- Add chopped basil and thyme, stir.
- Combine olive oil with pesto sauce, sprinkle over the vegetables. Stir and continue to sauté over low heat for several minutes until the zucchini and leeks become soft.