Here's a lovely winter recipe that's sure to please the pallet and warm the soul - enjoy!
· 1 lb. wild mushroom mix, roughly chopped
· 1 Tbsp. olive oil
· 2 Tbsp. butter
· 1/4 cup white wine
· 1 cup water
· 4 cups vegetable stock
· 6 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
· 4 slices bacon, crumbled
· 1 onion, finely chopped
· 3/4 cup heavy cream
· 1/2 tsp. sweet Hungarian paprika
· Crème fraîche andfreshly chopped dill for garnish
1. Heat olive oil and butter in a large soup pop.
2. Chop wild mushrooms and sauté in olive oil and butter until soft. Add white wine.
3. Add potatoes, water, stock and salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and cook until potatoes are
4. Meanwhile, fry bacon in separate pan till crispy. Drain on paper towel, remove all but 2 Tbsp. fat and sauté onions
5. When potatoes are soft, puree about 3/4 of the mixture, then add back into soup pot.
6. Add bacon and onions to soup and simmer.
7. Add heavy cream, paprika and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
8. Ladle into soup bowls and tops with a dollop of crème fraîche chopped dill.
9. Serve with salad and hearty bread.