Cool, delicious treat for the green tea lovers.
Serves: 6 Total time: 9 h 45 mins Preparation time: 4 h 45 mins Cooling time: 5 h
2 tbs green tea leaves
2 tbs boiling water
1 tbs sugar
1 ¼ cups milk
2 egg yolks
¼ cup caster sugar
1 ¼ cups heavy cream
1 tbs vanilla extract
- Soak the dry green tea and in boiling water with the tablespoon of sugar for 10-12 minutes.
- Into a saucepan put the milk and gently bring to the boil then pour over the tea. Leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Beat the egg yolks with the ¼ cup caster sugar in a separate bowl for 3 minutes.
- Strain the milk mixture into it, whisking constantly.
- Transfer to a saucepan and gently heat, stirring all the time, until the mixture is thick. Immediately remove from the heat and cool in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Whip the cream and fold into the cooled tea mixture.
- Mix in the vanilla extract
- Pour the mixture into an ice cream machine and churn until frozen. Transfer to plastic container and place in the freezer for an hour before serving.
Serving: take it out for 5-10 minutes before serving, or longer, so it comes to the right scooping temperature.
Easy suggestion: ice cream is best served in chilled glass or porcelain bowls. Scoop it with a hot, but dry, ice-cream spoon (soak it in boiling water, then wipe dry).
For additional photos and cooking details, please visit Easy Cook - Laka kuharica